One of the questions almost everyone that has a website asks is, how often should one update a website? When your company platform is designed correctly, the highly effective marketer will be interesting enough. So you should ask yourself if your website is your most effective marketer. You will address exclusive deals and discounts, ways of growing current customers' revenues, ways to profit from business shifts. So think of and connect with your website as your most effective marketer and update it to suit your company objectives and preferences.
Maintaining and updating a website is essential whenever there is anything worth updating. That is the usual logic. Any security gap that may have cropped up over time needs to be fixed immediately. Similarly, new software and programs have to be updated on the website as well to stay in tune with the times.
There are three types of website update:
- Content Update
- Layout / Design Update
- Technical Update
#1 Content Update
Content update is an essential part of your website/blog/store performance. Up-to-date content attracts more new visitors. Keeping the websites up-to-date and always have some fresh new content to deliver to customers is important for proper marketing.
How frequently should I update content?
- If your focus is to rank higher on Google search, you should consider updating 2-3 times in a month. Once a week is perfect.
- If you are a blogger, then it depends on your content calendar. However, the general frequency is one blog per day.
#2 Layout / Design Update
Layout or design update is the process of redesigning or redeveloping your whole website with a new theme and design concept. Search engines are happy if the websites offer something new from time to time because it keeps the sites on top of the listing and makes sure that the customers always get what they want.
When should I consider:
- When you feel that your layout or design does not represent your brand.
- When the design does not support browsers, devices, and resolutions.
- If the look & feel seems outdated.
Generally, people consider redesigning their website every 3-5 years.
#3 Technical Update
Staying on top and constantly keeping the websites updated and threat-free can be a huge challenge for any website owner. So for any website what any business owner should remember is the threat from malware which only constant updating can prevent. The technical update is all about updating your core files, plugins, extensions, patches, and other security checks to make your website safe and secure. Usually, it should be scheduled with respect to your IT team.
How often should I update my website core and plugins?
- If your website is in WordPress, consider updating the core as soon as the new version is available. The monthly update is mandatory.
- For WordPress plugins, do it on a monthly basis.
- Security Patches are also an important aspect of technical updation in order to keep your website safe from hackers and malware.
The Benefits of keeping your website Up to date
Attracts new readers: Website maintenance involves creating an interesting look, adding must-read articles, increasing readability, which in turn affects the number of viewers. It always ensures that you have the relevant information available which keeps it in tune with the current trends.
Make a better impression: Websites carry the “last updated” date which makes a good impression on viewers and clients. An addition to the latest technology or beauty trends with well-researched inputs can really make a difference. Outdated information on a website can seriously harm the reputation and put off clients who are always looking for new people and updated information.
Value Contribution: If your website was built using a content management system then you can update your own content. But if such is not the case then hiring the services of a web maintenance agency can be a good idea. It offers you expertise and helps in leveraging strength because in all probability it lets you do the work while someone takes care of your website.
What to Update
Website Maintenance involves updating the information present on the website. Blogs need to be updated with new ones all the time because it helps in building credibility and presence in the search engines. The news section on a website informs people regarding all the information of an organization including the number of employees etc. The “Home” page contains one-liners regarding all the changes made on the website and directs the viewers towards the same. The “About” page is like a virtual business card and contains the dates regarding when and how the organization was formed and how many people are on its board and other information. If it is not updated properly then the age of the company may be several years behind. The “Products and Services” section is very important and helps in increasing the number of clients and traffic. “Testimonials and Case Studies” raise the credit towards a website and should be updated accordingly.
Do you need more information on website maintenance? Are you looking for website maintenance services? Visit the website of Aarav Infotech at https://www.aaravinfotech.com/ for more information. You are welcome to contact us anytime at +91 (022) 2859 4142/ 2850 9920 or mail at [email protected].
- Your website markets your products and services so it should be effective.
- Three types of website updates are there- content, layout/design, technical.
- It is advised to update the content of your website once a week. The blogs should be updated once a day.
- Layout and design are updated generally every 3-5 years to give a fresh look to your website.
- Technical update means updating the core files, plugins, extensions, patches, and other security checks to make your website safe and secure. The general repetition period for technical updates is once every month.
- Website maintenance updates the content of a website which eventually attracts new readers.
- The reputation of a business can be amplified with the impression it leaves on its visitors. The more updated the website the better the impression.
- Website maintenance services can deal with the issues related to maintenance in a more efficient manner because of expertise which is why it is better to hire them instead of doing it on your own.
- Sections that are updated under website maintenance are blogs, news section, the home page, about page, products and services section, testimonials, and case studies.
Posted by: AI Digital Team
We the team of Aarav Infotech being technological experts, have 9+ years of experience in content marketing and blogging. We invest our time in Research and Development to fine tune our information that we provide through our blogs. We have team of ace professional to embrace innovative ideas to provide you with the latest and up-dated information about the changing happening in the digital world. Our main motive is to share ideas and thought with effective blogging.