Novelty and consistency in experience engage your customers online. Website Maintenance Services ensures that new content and a seamless browsing experience continue on your website. Timely website maintenance is critical for your business growth. After all, if customers don’t find value in your website or find it difficult to gain access to our offerings you will lose sales and the whole purpose of building a website will become pointless.
What will you learn?
- What does the website maintenance program contain?
- Website Maintenance Checklist
- 10 Essential Reasons for doing website maintenance
What should a website maintenance program achieve?
- It should keep your website content up-to-date
- Identify and resolve issues or errors on your website
- Manage spam comments on your website
- Supervise your website hosting
- Manage technical and other changes
Website maintenance program contains the following:
Your Website is the first approach to your customer. So if your website is not safe you lose both your business and your customers. These are the top 3 reasons why website security is important for business success.
- Security of corporate liability - If attackers can hack valuable consumer data from your website it is deemed that you have not provided adequate security measures to prevent it. In that case, your company will be held accountable in several respects and it will cost you a fortune.
- Shields your revenue stream - Not all spammers are cyber pirates trying to steal data. Several of them just do it because they want to launch attacks, crash your website and bring your business to complete cease which will cost you sales.
- Builds brand and Customer's Trusts - Customers would only access or stay on a website that is secured and has an HTTPS tag on it. Also, would you want your customers to see the label as not secure or feel safe? Implementing SSL will help you protect customers’ data which will make them believe you care about their privacy.
#2 Customer Experience
Customer experience will be overtaking product and price as the critical differentiator for branding. Faster websites, user-friendly web navigation, and customized content are essential for enhanced customer experience.
#3 Boost SEO Ranking
Many SEO experts believe that the search engine rankings of your website can be improved with consistently fresh content. According to the experts, Google’s crawlers give importance to those websites that provide relevant and updated content. Also, regular website maintenance takes care of broken links and error pages, so that search engines can crawl the website as per the sitemap effectively.
#4 Keeps Your Audience Engaging
By updating your website with fresh content you can keep your audience engaged and attracted. If you are running an eCommerce store, you can update your product description and images to attract more buyers. Even fresh content may give you a position on the first page of the search engine result page.
#5 Save Cost & Effort
Maintaining the website is not just about adding new content or occasional upgrades. Sometimes, people are under the pretext that website maintenance can be done on its own without much effort. Hiring a dedicated Web specialist in-house isn’t a viable option for small and mid-sized businesses. Without technical expertise, if people try to perform IT functions, they may end up creating issues that will affect the website operations and the whole thing may turn out to be a more costly affair.
#6 Business Reputation
Customers are looking for an organization they can trust. However, a poorly managed website with lots of broken links, obsolete content, and broken pages is a repeller for customers. They would believe your company is insignificant, old-fashioned, and vulnerable.
Thus, if you'd like to show your company in a positive light and develop yourself as a healthy and creative organization, it is important to maintain it regularly. Fix the broken links, create new content, and redirect the old pages. Only by doing that would you be able to achieve a positive impression and the confidence of your customers.
Website Maintenance Checklist
- WordPress Core Update
- WordPress Plugin Update
- Clearing Logs and junk files
- Check your page load speed
- Test your forms
- Remove unused plugins or extensions
- Remove any inactive admin users
- Check your order processing
- Scan & Resolve Security Issues
- Check your local Search Visibility
- Analyze Website Statistics
- Review the website for any possible improvements
- Update Website Homepage Graphics and Images
- Make sure your website contents are up-to-date
- Update your SEO meta tags wherever needed
- Test for mobile and browser compatibility issues and resolve
- Test that all forms are getting submitted and the results are coming to your email id
- Update all popup banners and call to action
- Check with the marketing team and do the required updates
- Update Copyright Date and other date or year references
- Review Content for Accuracy
- Renew your website domain
- Renew your SSL Certificate
- Renew your Website Hosting
- Review your overall website strategy
Did you get a fair idea about website maintenance? You can find more information in the blog section of the website of Aarav Infotech. For details on the services and packages offered by us please visit https://www.aaravinfotech.com/. Feel free to mail us at email@example.com.
- For a flawless website, you need website maintenance.
- Website maintenance enhances the security of your website by securing corporate liability, shielding the revenue stream, and building brand and customer trust.
- Faster websites, user-friendly web navigation, and customized content are necessary for a better customer experience.
- Website maintenance boosts the SEO ranking of your website with fresh and relevant content.
- It is necessary to put new and updated content to grab the attention of your visitors even for product descriptions.
- People tend to do website maintenance on their own which can turn out to be costly if there is a technical issue and the non-expert cannot handle it.
- Website maintenance can build the reputation of your business with a professional and precise website.
- You should choose the services you want after checking the checklists. There are different checklists like monthly, quarterly, and annual with different specifications.
Written by: Jitendra Raulo
Jitendra Raulo is the Founding Director at Aarav Infotech India Pvt. Ltd., a leading Web Design and Digital Marketing Company with 11+ years of experience and having headquarter in Mumbai, India, and Support Centre at Bhubaneswar, India, he is actively working with Start-ups, SMEs and Corporations utilizing technology to provide business transformation solution.